Wednesday, July 21, 2010

between self-empowerment and self-sabotage

my life is pretty strange right now. i wake up and go to work every morning. not the same job i've had since september, but it is the same employer. instead of serving hungry and tired people food and coffee, i sit around and fold things, tie things, and put things in bags over and over and over again. until there's nothing left to do and then i sit in a dank, damp basement until it's time to leave. my brain rots.

simultaneously, my to do list is through the roof. there's a lot of important work that needs to be done during the time i'm at this new job. but it just sits there untouched. fall tours, album releases, all on the horizon as i waste away my hours for barely above minimum wage.

this. cannot. last. much. longer.

2 comments:

Reen O'Toole Linckens said...

strikes a deep cord with me.... it's been said that when nothing changes nothing changes. It's the climbing out of the hole that I find difficult. I breathe, I breathe, and I try to find it. I hope you do

matt dineen said...

thank you! here's to change, climbing, breathing, and finding!

best,
matt