Saturday, May 29, 2010

actualizing dreams

another month is almost over and it struck me that i haven't written in a while. writing keeps me accountable to my dreams. it keeps me honest. a lot has happened. a lot is happening. a lot is going to happen, with summer afoot...

last month i turned 29 years old. i don't believe that life ends when you're 30--i'm actually excited about it and am trying to embrace the process of getting older. for me, the final year of my 20's is about checking in with all of the things i have talked about doing and trying to make some of them happen. i want take advantage of that urgency to get shit done. then i can have some serious momentum when i enter my 30's next year. i will be unstoppable!

this is a 3-day weekend that just began. on cape cod and other tourist destinations, this marks the beginning of the summer season and the influx of outsiders. all that it means for me this year is that i have one extra day off (paid) from the drudgery of my wage job. returning to work next week will begin the final month of dealing with customers and pastries. my job as i have experienced it for the past 9 months will end on july 2nd. i will celebrate by going up to maine for my family's annual reunion/vacation on the beach, only to return to do odd jobs around the college.

the summer should be better as i hope to work on projects both on and off the clock. but it's the fall that i am getting most excited about. in september i will quit my job and actualize my dreams.

2 comments:

erin said...

might be a little wierd that a 16 year old is commenting an "almost" 30 year old's blog but oh well.i liked what you put in this, but what cought my eye the most, was the mentioning that you want to make your dreams become reality..really like that. you seem to be making a plan in ur head of when and how things are going to happen, so i definately believe that with a structured thought process such yours, you'll go far :)

matt dineen said...

thanks for reading erin, and for the words of encouragement! i wish you luck in making your dreams a reality too.